Manufacturing across industries are using RFID to achieve major benefits, both in their supply chains and in their factory operations. This can be done cost-effectively by tracking reusable containers, work-in-process and finished inventory. Learn where and how major manufacturers are using EPC technologies successfully today.
What You Will Learn From This Track:• Benefits of using an RFID-enabled WIP monitoring process in the manufacturing environment
• Understanding how UHF passive RFID systems can improve logistics and tracking
• How passive UHF systems can be used to track large assets in a production facility
• Methods for overcoming performance issues in a challenging RF environment
Supply Chain and logistics companies will play a key role in ensuring end-to-end visibility in the supply chain. Some are already tagging products for their customers. Others are examining how they can benefit internally by improving the utilization of containers and chassis with RFID tracking. This track focuses on how you can improve your supply chain operations by using EPC technologies.
What You Will Learn From This Track:• The benefits of allowing supply chain partners to trace an item's chain of custody
• How to use RFID to identify problem areas, and to find ways to ensure products are stored and transported under optimal conditions
• The benefits RFID can deliver to all players in the steel industry
• How to use RFID to track large steel assets
• Insights into the emerging standards for RFID in this industry
• How multiuse tags can be the financial catalyst to driving RFID technology integration, as opposed to one-way transport packaging
• The potential to employ RFID tags in other industries beyond perishables, including automotive, beverage and pharmaceuticals
EPC in the Defense Industry
The sessions in the EPC in the Defense Industry track will address several key deployments by the U.S. Department of Defense of radio frequency identification systems based on EPC standards. The track will be open to both DOD suppliers and non-suppliers looking to learn how the department is using EPC RFID to improve its supply chain operations.
What You Will Learn From This Track:• How the DOD is transforming its supply chain through the use of EPC RFID technology
• The tangible results from DOD’s closed-loop application of the technology
• The next steps in the DOD’s EPC RFID roll-out
• Why the suppliers are also reaping the benefits of EPC RFID
Retail Supplier Implementation
In this track, you will learn from the experts about the most effective and efficient ways to implement EPC RFID, not only to respond to supplier initiatives but also to benefit your company as well.
What You Will Learn From This Track:• How to create an efficient system for tagging pallets
• Best practices for becoming EPC compliant while improving your operations
• How to track goods in open supply chains, as well as how to share the data securely with business partners
• What kind of data you can expect to receive from your retail partner and how to use the data to your advantage
See Complete Agenda »
EPC Connection 2008, the 5th Annual EPCglobal North America Conference & Exhibition, is produced by RFID Journal.